ScintillaNET has moved to GitHub
The new repository is at https://github.com/jacobslusser/ScintillaNET
The decision to move to GitHub was in part because:
- The API for ScintillaNET changed quite a bit in version 3 and the discussion questions and issues here at the CodePlex site are no longer representative of the current version. Users coming to CodePlex looking for information on the new version of ScintillaNET
would be swamped with outdated and incorrect information about the old 2.x version.
- Git makes it easier for other developers not directly associated with the project to contribute back features and bug fixes.
- GitHub is the new hot place to host code and having more exposure to ScintillaNET gets us more feedback and more development resources.
- ScintillaNET was practically dead and needed a shot in the arm.
The legacy 2.x code and binaries will continue to be available here at CodePlex but they will no longer be maintained. Any new discussion questions and tracker issues will go unanswered.
So head over to the GitHub repo, star the project if you like it, and enjoy continued support and development over there.
ScintillaNET is a powerful text editing control for Windows® Forms applications and a managed wrapper around the versatile
component. Created with the developer in mind, the ScintillaNET API makes it simple to add advanced text editing and syntax highlighting to your application or IDE. In addition ScintillaNET adds features not found
in other Scintilla wrappers such as Visual Studio® style code snippets, integrated find and replace dialogs, true regular expression searches, multiple key-command bindings, and back/forward document navigation.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- Block indent/outdent.
- Current line highlighting.
- Line selection in the selection margin.
- Clipboard operations natively supported (cut, copy, paste).
- Support for UTF-8 encoding.
- Custom key processing, command/key binding for over 100 edit commands such as caret movement, selection, indenting, transposition, and more.
- Syntax highlighting support for over 80 languages.
- Word wrap (by word or character).
- Whitespace display.
- Indentation guides that show tab-stops.
- Column and long line indicators.
- Brace match highlighting.
- Line symbols (bookmarks, breakpoints).
- Line numbering.
- Customizable symbol margins.
- Multiple font/sizes supported in the same document.
- Multiple scrollbar visibility settings.
- Input Assistant Features
- Code snippet support.
- Auto-complete support with ability to customize list.
- Mouse hover indicators.
- Customizable tool-tips.
- Export to HTML.
- Macro recording and playback.
- Full search and replace support using wild-card or regular expression syntax.
- Automatic scrolling.
- Completely open-source.
- Supportive developer community.