I'm having trouble installing ScintillaNET. Here is what I have done so far:
1. I extracted the contents of ScintillaNet Binaries 2.2.zip to
2. Next, I right-clicked on the Computer icon on my desktop, and hit
Properties. Since there was no Advanced tab, I hit Advanced System Settings.
3. I then hit Environment Variables. Since there was no
Path in the User variables list (only in the System variables), I hit the
4. I typed in Path for the Variable name, and C:\PROG\ScintillaNET for the
Variable value. I then click OK twice, and closed the Properties window.
5. I opened up Visual C# 2008 Express Edition, created a new form called ScintillaTest, right-clicked in the
Toolbox, and hit Choose Items.
6. Next, I made sure that .NET Framework Components was the active tab (which it was), hit the
Browse button, and located C:\PROG\ScintillaNET\ScintillaNet.dll.
Whenever I try to use Scintilla, SnippetChooser, or IncrementalSearcher (the only thing that works is
flagCheckedListBox), it says: Failed to create component 'Scintilla'. The error message follows: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The Scintilla library could not be found. Please place the library in a searchable path such as the application
or 'C:\Windows\system32' directory. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified module could not be found at ScintillaNet.Scintilla.get_CreateParams() in D:\ScintillaNET\Branches\2.0\ScintillaNET\Scintilla.cs:line 430 at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor(Boolean
autoInstallSyncContext) at Scintilla.Scintilla..ctor() in D:\ScintillaNET\Branches\2.0\ScintillaNET\Scintilla.cs:line 59'
What's even more worrying is that I barely use my D:\ partition, except for a couple of files. ScintillaNET was recently recommended to me as I am developing an Advanced Script Editor for the 3D Rad game maker, but I don't have time to worry over other people's
mistakes. If it's not working because of a mistake on my part, then I apologise, but otherwise...
Anyway, I've spent ten minutes writing this, so you have to help me :D !