Validate Ruby Script

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 15, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Hi All,

I want to validate the ruby script in the editor created using scintillaNet.

Does scintillaNet provide any kind of validation for this?

Thanks,

Ujjwal

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2010 at 2:17 PM
ScintillaNET can provide syntax highlighting for Ruby code, but it does not validate the code for correctness. Jacob
Jul 17, 2010 at 4:35 AM
Hi Jacob, Thanks for your reply. If not in ScintillaNET , are you aware of any managed wrapper available which i will be able to integrate in my application? Or Should I will find some way to integrate ruby dll itself?
Jul 19, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I've tried to do this, but without success ...

I just found some gen's for ruby.

nothing useful on .net

if someone has some solution, I would also like to analyze it.

somebody has something?

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Today, while searching, i came to know about ironruby.

It seems interesting. Exploring more on this.

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM

It almost sounds like you want IDE type functionality, where they push a button and get a list of errors that you can navigate in the source code to. Is this correct? In that case Iron Ruby might not be what you want especially since it's not true Ruby, which it sounds like you want to work with. If someone hasn't built a canned solution that's accessable to you from .NET your path will be very difficult. You basically need to implement your own language parser which is non-trivial. YACC and ANTLR are the two most popular libraries for assisting you in this endeavor but they can take from days to months of intense learning to be able to even get started depending on your existing skill level.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Another option you might look into is calling the Ruby compiler/interpreter on a background thread. You should then be able to get the errors and warnings sent to the standard output stream, parse that, and highlight the offending code. Jacob
Jul 21, 2010 at 7:20 AM
Edited Jul 21, 2010 at 7:22 AM
Hi Chris and Jacob, Thanks for your answers. Yes chris, I am trying the same. I will have quick look at libraries suggested by chris.
Jul 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM

i found that:

http://www.360doc.com/content/08/0111/23/8309_965585.shtml

english/japanese site

Aug 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Hey Thanks .This really works. I tried it with few sample codes.

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM

You're welcome!!!

this was a great find for me too.

: P