This project is read-only.

Problems with the 2.0 release

Feb 18, 2008 at 8:20 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2008 at 9:31 PM
Hi,
Just downloaded the latest 2.0 release from last week.
I added the control to the pallet, drop it on the form and then compile, I get this error:

Code Generation for property 'FontName' failed. Error was: 'Property accessor 'FontName' on object ScintillaNet.Style' threw the following exception:'Non-negative number required. Parameter name: count"

I don't get this error when I compile the scide project included in the source and I don't appear to be doing anything differently.

also the program loads, but the editor control is all black with the text highlighted white.
I tried setting the language to mssql via the config manager, and the colors where correct, excetp the caret stopped blinking and I was unable to type any text.

I also discovered if I make any changes to the scintiall control on the document form in the scide program it turns to a black backgound as well, and it's impossible to get it back. I had to reextract the souce code to get it working again.

Not sure what is going on, but I can't get the control to work at all outside of the scide project and if I change any properties on the control in the scide project it goes to the black screen and white highlighted text.

Thanks,

Tony
Feb 19, 2008 at 3:19 AM
I found a serious bug in the control's WndProc that could cause all sorts of weird issues. The fix is in the latest code and also in the 2.0 release.
Feb 19, 2008 at 4:37 AM

ChrisRickard wrote:
I found a serious bug in the control's WndProc that could cause all sorts of weird issues. The fix is in the latest code and also in the 2.0 release.

Hi Chris,
I redownloaded and it does seem to work much better now, though I can't cut and then past the control back, it raises the following error:

"An error occured while processing this command. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Feb 19, 2008 at 6:37 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.