Branches 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Hi,

I'm stopping by here every now and then to see how the project is going and when would be a good starting point for my planned editor project. (The current release version 2.x still doesn't have at least one feature I really need, but Scintilla supports it for a while.) This time, I noticed a number of new branches, named 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any documentation about what they are, what has been changed in them and what their goal is. What features will be added in which branch, are major refactorings planned, what platforms (.NET 4.0 Client Profile; x64) are supported? Could somebody please explain it?

Developer
Nov 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Which feature is it that your wanting?

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM

IIRC that was setting the indentation on line breaks. Instead of a fixed column, a coloumn relative to the first line fragment could be set. ScintillaNET didn't offer that easily last time I chacked (which still should be after the current release).

Also there were some plans to change things or make more Scintilla features accessible through a refactored API in 3.x, but it was unclear whether that version will ever be finished. I don't have the exact list at hand now.

Anyway, what's the difference that makes you create different branches? I mean, they must have some use, don't they? Everybody can access the code but according the public docs, nobody knows what it is.