Future of SCide

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2008 at 1:03 AM
I would like to get some feedback on future ideas for SCide - the ScintillaNet demonstration program.

As it is right now, SCide is neither a very good demonstration program or text editor but I would like to change that. I think that with very little work it can become easily as powerful as SciTE, Notepad++, or Programmer's Notepad (to name a few Scintilla-based applications). To that end I'm going to be adding features and strengthening the SCide code. The benefit of doing this is that it will also drive development of ScintillaNet and make it easier to identify its weak spots.

I've just committed changeset 33890 to fix some *glaring* issues with SCide. I would still consider it in 'Alpha' stage, but it's good enough to use as a replacement for Notepad.

If anyone would like to get the latest code and offer some constructive criticism, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jacob

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Fantastic! Currently off ill from work, but I'll use it as my replacement editor at work when I get back and I'll post some feedback.

It is a very useful piece of software for developing with ScintillaNET, especially as the documetnation is so thin!

Thanks Jacob!

John