This project is read-only.

Problem w/ Vista x64 & VS2008

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest code dump and compiled it with Visual Studio 2008 (v9.0.21022.8 RTM, German, x64) and included the component as said in the readme in a new C# project. Everything compiles fine (Release configuration), both DLL files are copied to the /bin/ directory of my project. But when I start the .exe (via Explorer or via VS, doesn't matter),the program crashes immediately. Started via Explorer, I just get the "The program isn't working anymore", started via VS2008 I get the following:

Eine nicht behandelte Ausnahme des Typs "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception" ist in ScintillaNet.dll aufgetreten.
Zusätzliche Informationen: %1 ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung

(Sorry but I'm just to dump to translate this to the correct English message.)

If I copy all files to my XP SP3 (x86) PC, it works fine. So I guess it's something about the compatibility with 64 bit systems. The call trace looks something like:

> this.scintilla1 = new ScintillaNet.Scintilla(); // in my application code
> this._state = new BitVector32(0); // Scintilla.cs line 60
> System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Control.Control(bool autoInstallSyncContext) + 0x3d5 Bytes (no code available)
> _sciLexerLoaded = true; // Scintilla.cs line 413

I hope somebody can help me :-( I did copy the DLL files to my windows/system32-directory.

Thanks in advance, Sanji

Aug 21, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Go to here http://www.codeplex.com/ScintillaNET/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9977 and download the x64 version of SciLexer.dll. You'll need to update the one in your system directory.
Aug 21, 2008 at 8:27 PM
Do I have any regressions by using this versions? It seems to be from v1.x and I wanted to use v2.x. Or does this versioning just affect the ScintillaNet.dll ?
Aug 26, 2008 at 12:38 AM
The part you're changing out is SciLexer.dll, which is the native Scintilla component. ScintillaNET 1x and 2x use it in the same way so you should be fine either way.