Load Dlls

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Sep 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM

The increase ScintillaNET.dll where file path detection of Scintilla.dll, if there is the absolute path to load, so that you do not need to set the system path

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 1:16 AM

violet_250,

I'm not sure if this is a question or a statement so I'll try to answer it as both. Setting the search path is normally only required when doing development but not when distributing the DLL with your application. As long as the ScintillaNET.dll and SciLexer.dll are in the root of your application folder it should be found without any changes to the path. If you plan on deploying those DLLs in any other location, then yes you may need to modify the PATH environment variable.

One option that I haven't tested is to use the static SetModuleName method. I originally added this to allow a developer to specify an alternate name for the SciLexer.dll. Internally it uses the LoadLibrary Win32 function--which according to MSDN supports absolute paths. In theory that would mean that instead of just specifying the file name you could supply a path, e.g.:

Scintilla.SetModuleName("C:\Path\To\SciLexer.dll");

Like I said I've never used it that way. Let me know what you find.

Jacob