This project is read-only.

Unrecognized escape sequence

Mar 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM
SCide and ScintillaNet compiled fine, but when I run SCide.exe, I get following exception. It displays those weird characters. Does this have anything to do with my system language settings? I am using an non-eng XP with english VS10.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: parsing "(?<dm>\獶ropMarker(?<dmi>\[[0-9]*\])?\?|(?<c>\玞aret\?|(?<a>\玜nchor\?|(?<e>\玡nd\?|(?<s>\玸elected\?|(?<l>\?+?(?<li>\[[0-9]*\])?\?" - Unrecognized escape sequence \獶.

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Hi Nessus,

look at line 20 in SnippetManager.cs there must be the reason:

private readonly Regex snippetRegex1 = new Regex(@"(?<dm>\«DropMarker(?<dmi>\[[0-9]*\])?\«)|(?<c>\«caret\«)|(?<a>\«anchor\«)|(?<e>\«end\«)|(?<s>\«selected\«)|(?<l>\«.+?(?<li>\[[0-9]*\])?\«)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase | RegexOptions.ExplicitCapture | RegexOptions.Compiled);

I think these << are evildoers and this could be a problem of Encoding.

Hope it helps.
Best Regards
Apr 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Yes the problem is the « character. It works fine when compiling on English character sets but a lot of the eastern languages interpret it as a modifier byte for Unicode. I chose it because I knew it was very unlikely to be used in snippet text. I wasn't thinking very globally however. You'll need to somehow get it into a text editor that sees it as « and replace it with another character.
Apr 3, 2009 at 4:51 AM
Thank you so much Klingel and chrisrickard!! changed my VS encoding back to Western European and everything is fine now.