Custom Find / Replace dialog

Topics: User Forum
Jun 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Hello!

I am new to ScintillaNet, so my problems are simple I think:

1. I want to create custom Find / Replace dialog in my simple ScintillaNet based application. How to do this?

2. If I will continue to use default Find / Replace dialog, how could I customize all labels on this dialog? I am from Poland and I wish to have polish labels words instead of english ones. How?

Best regards,

pl aka zielonyplot

Developer
Jun 5, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Hi zielonyplot,

at first you must change the Source of ScintillaNET because, there are the Forms for Search & Replace, Go To, etc.

To localize your Application, just use the integrated mechanism of .NET.

1. Set the Property Localizable of your Form (e.g. FindReplace) to true.

2. In the WindowsFormsDesigner, set the Property Language to your prefered value ( (default) is the default language)

3. Change alle Label, values, etc.

4. Make sure, your changed Form has the right Layout, cause everything you changed, is stored in the resx File (e.g. Size, Location, ...)

5. Change the Language back to (default) because, if you add a new button, and the Language IS NOT (default), this button is only available in the Language.

Here are two Screenshots of what I did with the FindReplace Dialog.

German

€: Sorry I forgot, you must also set the UI Language of your Application.

You can store the current Language in a localized Property. This Property is a String e.g. for German you use "de-DE".

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(Properties.Settings.Default.Language))
{
      Application.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(Properties.Settings.Default.Language);
      Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = Application.CurrentCulture;
}