Configuration

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2006 at 6:56 PM
I'm coding away like mad to finish my new configuration system. (I wrote two-proof-of-concept models, and I'm satisfied I know the best way to do this now :D )

Essentially, ScintillaNET will ship prebuilt for 60+ languges (actually more), and it is trivial to add more (just supply the keyword data, and the generator will create the rest from the scintilla.iface file).

It will delay-load config data, to keep it snappy, and lower memory requirements.

Once the template data is done, we can crank out 'color-sets' (themes?) which are much less effort to build, and require no guess-work.

Even with that, users will be able to change settings with ease, probably easier than most editors I've seen. From a global-change (like, change the font on everything) to a localised change (change the doc-comment color on c#, but not java) it will be easy.--and hopefully nobody will have to even look at the XML.

Unfortunatly, this week (and last) are a critical time at work right now, so if it seems that I'm not around, panic thee not.

later,

G

Sep 7, 2006 at 9:01 PM
It is possible to import existing scite .properties files? (like css.properties, cpp.properties, etc.)
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2006 at 10:52 PM
Well, the trouble with the Scite .properties files is that they mix Application settings with settings around the control.

While importing the settings ain't a priority, we could write a quick-and-dirty script to do one-off importing of styling data... probably would be super easy.

G