Enabling Intellisense

Jul 17, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Hello,
I am publishing a seperate project on codeplex, and I wantto incorporate a C# code editor into my app. The only features a really need are:
1) Code coloring (which I see in the sample distributed with bits) and
2) Intellsense on System.* assemblies and on my own custom assemblies.
In the distributed sample IDE there is no intellisense. Is this something that can work? If so is there any documentation on this?

Hope this is not too Newbie and ends up RTFM, but I did not see any docs in the zip I downloaded from the site.

Thanks,
Erik
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2007 at 1:37 AM
Download the latest source instead. In \ScintillaNET\Help you'll find ScintillaNET.chm. Its by no means complete but it does have a fair percentage of ScintillaControl's API including examples.

The method you want to look up is AutoCShow().

You won't get any help on parsing c# code or getting any kind of context, but the AutoC properties and methods can take care of the actual showing the list of words and inserting the selected word into the document.

Hope this helps!
Jul 18, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Ok, thanks. Do you know if anyone is planning on doing the C# parsing portion as part of the scintillaNET package?
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2007 at 12:12 AM
It's not planned, and is probably something that won't ever be a part of the main ScintillaNET project. Language parsing is a very complex thing and if we did it for c# we'd have to do it for all supported languages.
Jul 23, 2007 at 6:23 PM

ChrisRickard wrote:
Download the latest source instead. In \ScintillaNET\Help you'll find ScintillaNET.chm. Its by no means complete but it does have a fair percentage of ScintillaControl's API including examples.

Where can I find this .chm-File?
I cannot find any CHM-File in \ScinitillaNET\Help.

I only have this files in that folder:

GeneratedInclude.xml
Help.csproj
ScintillaNET.shfb

Thanks,
DomiOh
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2007 at 7:50 PM
Download this one which is the latest (at the time of writing) off the "Source Code" tab above:
http://www.codeplex.com/ScintillaNET/SourceControl/DownloadSourceCode.aspx?changeSetId=24895

The one from the "Releases" tab is pretty old (from March-07).
Jul 23, 2007 at 8:40 PM
Much thanks.