This project is read-only.

Is the work at ScintillaNET discontinued?

Sep 17, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Hi,

is the work at ScintillaNET discontinued?
I ask because there is no more change set in the last weeks.

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:08 PM
I've just taken a break from it for a while. I went all crazy on it for a long time straight and kind of burnt myself out. It will resume again, I just don't know when.
Nov 8, 2007 at 8:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

Is the work on the Lexer/Styling Configuration System still ongoing?

Nov 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM
The system is in place and is working. I still need to do the following:
  • create the configs for all supported languages (this is hard because I don't know a lot of them)
  • increase perfomance
  • document how it works
Dec 18, 2007 at 11:05 AM
Chris,

If you completed the C# Lexing stuff and checked it in (to give us an idea of the formatting of the files), I'm sure other people could supply other languages to make your job easier. People using ScintillaNET I guess are going to be familiar with C# as a common base.

I guess we could just attach updated files to issues to feed them back to you for checking and integration.
Feb 8, 2008 at 4:18 AM

dmoor wrote:
Chris,

If you completed the C# Lexing stuff and checked it in (to give us an idea of the formatting of the files), I'm sure other people could supply other languages to make your job easier. People using ScintillaNET I guess are going to be familiar with C# as a common base.

I guess we could just attach updated files to issues to feed them back to you for checking and integration.

Yes, a few languages have been implemented already. c#, MSSQL, VBscript, XML, HTML and Python. The biggest hurdle in understanding things is just kind of knowing how the Scintilla (native) control does languages and lexers and their relationship.