Using ScintillaNET for specific language

Topics: User Forum
Oct 16, 2007 at 9:38 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a Macro/Scripting language using IronPython in our .NET application. I thought it would be nice to use ScintillaNET in the Script editor form. I don't really need or want to distribute all the configuration files.

Is there an easy way to hard code the control to parse all text entered as python?

I'm guessing I need to add python as a language in a SciTEProperties object that I then add to a ScintillaConfig object. But can anyone tell me if there is any way I can programatically the python properties config to the object.

Cheers

Dave
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Get the latest code from the "Source Code" tab and use the 2.0 branch. I've set the example app to use a Python configuration. However I'm not a Python programmer so I'm not sure I got all the configuration right.
Dec 18, 2007 at 11:09 AM
I've got that and am playing with it now, thanks.
Oct 29, 2015 at 10:53 AM
hello dmoor can I ask for your help, i also need to apply this on my application would you reply here or send link that can help me play a macro using vb.net. im using vb.net at my end. Big Thanks
Oct 29, 2015 at 12:12 PM
James

I think you are asking in the wrong place. This project is just related to the Editor component. To actually add scripting to your application try this aricle:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/602112/Scripting-NET-Applications-with-IronPython

The code contained within it is in C# but that is easy to convert to VB.Net. ANyway it should give you the basic idea on how to run scripts within your application.

Dave