This project is read-only.

New Version of ScintillaNet

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 25, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Hi everybody,

anyone know if in the new version of the library there is the sintax highlight for assembly source code??

Bye Bye

Marco

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Hmmmm, this question sounds familliar :)

http://scintillanet.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=208568

Where are you at with this? I can help you set up the various keyword lists and corresponding styles. 

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I've Got a file (asm.xml) with all the keywords

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Well I just submitted a patch that includes multiple syntaxes, assembly is one of the one's that I added to the SCide project in that patch as well.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:22 AM

This may seem like a silly question but how do you actually apply the patch? It's something I'm also interested in.

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Download TortiseSVN, get a copy of the correct branch, get the appropriate patch for that branch, then go into the folder where you put your copy of the branch, and right-click, there will be a TortiseSVN menu, in it's sub-menu there's an option called apply-patch, click it. You should be able to figure out the rest.

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:59 AM
Congratulations! Your dedicated persistence has paid off, I've added you as a developer to ScintillaNET, have at it!

As to the whole 2.0/3.0 confusion, 2.0 was my baby. I threw every feature I could think of in it, I pretty much took the Scintilla API and made every "category" an object, even if it didn't make a whole lot of sense . Overall it's pretty nice, but also bloated and hard to find some things.

3.0 was Jacob's baby. The intention was to have a more simplified object model, unfortunately he lost steam before completing it. As you can see everyone has lost steam which is why there are no updates and no ever responds :)

I am interested in what you want to do with this, I may offer advise from time to time but I won't get in your way.

Have fun,
Chris

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Download TortiseSVN, get a copy of the correct branch, get the appropriate patch for that branch, then go into the folder where you put your copy of the branch, and right-click, there will be a TortiseSVN menu, in it's sub-menu there's an option called apply-patch, click it. You should be able to figure out the rest.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ScintillaNET@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ScintillaNET@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:19 PM
ChrisRickard wrote:
Congratulations! Your dedicated persistence has paid off, I've added you as a developer to ScintillaNET, have at it!

As to the whole 2.0/3.0 confusion, 2.0 was my baby. I threw every feature I could think of in it, I pretty much took the Scintilla API and made every "category" an object, even if it didn't make a whole lot of sense . Overall it's pretty nice, but also bloated and hard to find some things.

3.0 was Jacob's baby. The intention was to have a more simplified object model, unfortunately he lost steam before completing it. As you can see everyone has lost steam which is why there are no updates and no ever responds :)

I am interested in what you want to do with this, I may offer advise from time to time but I won't get in your way.

Have fun,
Chris

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ScintillaNET@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ScintillaNET@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Then I shall start this newest turn of event by properly synchronizing my copy with the main repository. (currently I have my directory structure set up slightly different from the main repository (all of the versions are in one solution :P), so I'll need to fix that before I sync with the repository.)

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:11 AM

I echo what Chris has said. We've had a great time hacking ScintillaNET and plenty of big dreams. I would like to think that one day I'll have the time again, but until then I'm happy to provide you with any assistance and direction I can.

Jacob

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:11 AM
Hey Blah38621,

Do you have plan to update ScintillaNET 3.0 (or whatever version you choose to name it) to a more recent version of Scintilla? Neil on the Scintilla ML just announced that 2.25 was coming out next week.

Cheers!

joce.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:20, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

ChrisRickard wrote:

Have fun,
Chris

Then I shall start this newest turn of event by properly synchronizing my copy with the main repository. (currently I have my directory structure set up slightly different from the main repository (all of the versions are in one solution :P), so I'll need to fix that before I sync with the repository.)

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Edited Mar 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Yep that I do(Well, I'll update the SciLexer.dll to the same version as [2.0]) anyways.)! If you check the last changeset you should have a newer SciLexer.dll file in [3.0]'s Libraries directory. I'll update them to 2.25 once it's released. Also, I've branched it and am working on the [4.0] branch. Currently I'm working on improving the auto-complete.

Also, another good thing to note:

There is now a documentation download! (Built for the 2.2 release) It still has quite a bit of work left to do on it, but it's definitely very useful. Beware though, it's large, and badly organized (I just built the thing with mostly default settings).

Update:

Branch [4.0] will be using SciLexer.dll version 2.25, this is due to the fact I need it's SetList function in order to continue with my Auto-Complete improvements. Currently it will narrow down the list only by the first character you entered, this is due to the fact I have no access to the current list in 2.24, however in 2.25 there is a function that will allow me to do exactly that.

Another Update:

Unfortunately the function I needed wasn't callable by default, so I had to add another message in the Scintilla 2.25 code. The good thing is, it looks like this is exactly what I needed, and it's still compatible (reversely)  with the previous versions. I have just updated branches [2.0] and [3.0] to the newest versions of SciLexer.dll and SciLexerx64.dll. I also have them in the [4.0] branch, I just am waiting until I get the autocomplete functionality I'm working on finished. The modified source for Scintilla will be in that branch as well when I check it in.

And once more, an Update:

Currently there's something wrong with the interfacing between Scintilla and ScintillaNet in my working copy (the [4.0] branch) and it's refusing to highlight any keywords... No idea why though.... (btw, I'm also translating Scintilla itself into C# (not found anything I can't translate yet, so it's looking good, although it would help if I actually knew C++ XD))

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Seeing Scintilla in C# would be great.
Must be a lot of work though.

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM
blah38621 wrote:

I'm confused, what do I apply the patch to?

Also, is it possible to set up folding for the ASM lexer?

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:19 PM

The 4.0 branch does currently work, so if your wanting the asm highlighting, just use it.