This project is read-only.

Scintilla Annotations feature in ScintillaNet ?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Hi, I'm new to both Scintilla and ScintillaNet :)

First of all, congratulation for this great project, it seems really awsome.

I'm exploring the Win32 Scintilla's feature list and I'm really excited about the annotations which would definitely increase the value added of my current development. 

However I can't find this feature anywhere in ScintillaNet. Is it planned in the near future ?

Alternatively, I've seen some SendMessageDirect overloads exposed by the INativeScintilla interface. Is it safe to use them directly with SCI_ANNOTATIONSETTEXT ?

My first attempt faild and get no reaction from the control.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:07 AM

It's funny you should mention annotations. I'm actually in the process of working on them right now and hope to commit my changes in the next couple of days. In the meantime (or if I get held up) you CAN use the SendMessageDirect overloads to get annotations.

I would guess that your attempts have not worked because the version of the SciLexer.dll you're using is the one that came with the ScintllaNET 2.2 release--which is out of date. To get annotations you'll need a build of SciLexer.dll that's version 1.78 or greater. You can download a more recent SciLexer.dll from the Scintilla website and drop it in place of the one you have now. That should hold you over until we give it first-class support.

Let me know if you hit any snags.

Jacob

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Lucky me :)

I will give it another try this evening as I'm curious by nature, but I'm really looking forward to you next check-in !

The SciLexer version I used was a custom 2.12. I've found on the internet the suitable flags to tweak in the makefile to make a x64 SciLexer.dll. Thus annotations should be availlable and I may have missed something.

I will let you know if I ever get it to work.

Thanks

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:38 PM

You were right :

I found out that the SciLexer.Dll actually loaded at runtime was the one I pasted in C:\Windows\sysWOW64\ which was the old 1.76 one.

I've replaced it with a 2.12 and now annotations appear. Thx for pointing me the issue !

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:27 AM

So is support for Annotations coming soon?  I'd like to start using them!