This project is read-only.

System.IO.FileNotFounException (VB.NET 2010)

Topics: User Forum
Dec 14, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Ola,

Just found this and want to give it a go. Unfortunately I keep getting the error when I try to add the component to my form. I've tried several locations, but none of them seem to work. (Frameworks 4.0 Client)

- I opened Visual Studio;
- Choose Items... (toolbox);
- Browse (and located "ScintillaNet.dll";
- Selected the Scintilla component from the Toolbar and tried to add it ti my form.... (that's it)

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Try with the extended 4.0 profile, not the client one as it seemed to cause problems for me as well as a few others. Also make sure you've defined the variable path and have SciLexer.dll (in the application directory). Also ensure that you have referenced the .dll file to your project.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean with "Also make sure you've defined the variable path"?

The problem occurs when I try to add the component to the form. I've added the SciLexer.dll and set the propertie to : Copy to outputdirectory: "Copy is newer"

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:35 PM

http://scintillanet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Installation&referringTitle=Documentation#SearchPath

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Thanks for the tip m8. Works like a charm. I only was wondering if I'd redistribute it, do I need to write this "path" also to the registry to make it work? Or isn't that a issue, as long as scilexer and scintilla are in the same folder.

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM

It won't be necessary to do that when redistributing your application. The reason developers have to do it is because the VS designer doesn't run from the same folder as your application and hence doesn't find the SciLexer.dll there.

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Great help m8. Mucho thanks.