This project is read-only.

Merge DLLs

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 26, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Hello there,

I've integrated ScintillaNET dll in my application and i made it use ScintillaNET.dll directoly from the application.

What i'm not able to do, is to integrate SciLexer.dll in my application.

So i was wandering if there is a way to do that or if there is a way to merge those two Dlls in one, so that i can integrate them safely in my app

thank you in advance for your answer

and excuse me for my bad english,

Carlo

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Carlo, please read 

http://scintillanet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Installation&referringTitle=Documentation

On how to use SciLexer.dll.

Since SciLexer is a native dll, not .NET it pretty much has to be done this way. Now since we do have the SciLexer source it is possible to create a mixed mode assembly combining the two projects, if you search this site hard enough you'll find someone who did it. I've played with it and it works but it's difficult to get it it built and it's very difficult to maintain since we would have to update all the source files and recompile every time Scintilla changes instead of just updating and distributing a new SciLexer.dll.

By the way your English is great. It's exactly like a native English speaker who spends a lot of time on the Internet :) (I do mean that in a good way) 

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM

thanks for your appreiations :)

anyway, i'll try and search for a solution, or leave the program as it is now (i made it that when it needs SciLexer.dll, it will just "extract" it from resources :P)

anyway thank you for the answer :)

Carlo