RegisterImage and XpmConverter

Topics: Developer Forum
May 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

When attempting to use AutoComplete with Bitmap images, it is difficult to do so with the current accessibility of the XpmConverter (Internal) and the AutoComplete.RegisterImage() overloads that accept Bitmaps (private).  Is there a reason these are not exposed to the outside world?  

From using the XpmConverter with RegisterImage() on AutoComplete with some existing bitmaps, I know that there are some very specific expectations in the format of the Bitmaps to get the images to convert and/or render/size properly (I've still not figured out the actual requirements here) and that may be the reason these are not exposed for general use.  

I also noticed a discussion elsewhere using XpmConverter in application code, so perhaps this is a common need that should be addressed somehow by exposing some things outside of the ScintillaNET assembly.

Thanks!

Developer
May 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Well, I do register some images in the 4.0 branch, and yes, the xpm image converter is definitely slightly quirky... Not certain the reason it's not marked as public though...