SVN Access?

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 20, 2007 at 12:41 AM
Is there a public SVN for this project? I've downloaded the latest release from the Source Code tab (11638). But looking at how the revision numbers jump and the date of it, it would seem like there are more changes since that release?
Jan 21, 2007 at 2:38 AM
There is no SVN access, you have to use Microsofts new Source control (it's free). Look at the help portion of codeplex and you'll see whats involved. I think you will probably also have to get access to the project, and Garret would have to get you access. He has been completely dead on the internet for months. His microsoft blog has also been dead. I'm sure he's got his hands full with work. If you did want to add stuff to the project, I would be happy to check in your code for you since I have access. just email me a zip file.
Jan 22, 2007 at 3:19 PM
Okay, I'll check it out. I had an update (it may already have been changed in source) that I posted as issue "ModifiedEventArg Constructor".
Jan 30, 2007 at 7:33 PM
Is there an anonymous login that allows us to just download updates? So we don't have to download the new zip file every time someone changes the repository?
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2007 at 8:35 PM
As far as I know the whole Role concept is pretty set in stone at the CodePlex level. Only those in the Developer or Coordinator role have access to the repository, and both are read/write.

If you want to be added as a developer you'd have to get Garrett to add you.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Edited Jan 31, 2007 at 12:51 AM
I did some digging and found an outstanding Issue regarding this:
http://www.codeplex.com/CodePlex/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=1359

I put in a vote because I completetly agree with you. I'd recommend you vote for it as well because the more votes the higher priority it gets.
Jan 31, 2007 at 3:15 AM
Done. Thanks for finding that. To me it just makes basic sense. SourceForge has that for projects, so I would think that Microsoft could do it as well...
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2007 at 5:17 AM
Yeah CodePlex is still in it's infancy. I also do like Subversion/Tortoise over TFS by far.
Jan 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM
I would say "me too" but I haven't used TFS yet. But I have used an integrated Source Control (Subclipse for Eclipse on Linux) and I prefer to have my client not integrated. I think it's more powerful and gives more control.
Feb 20, 2007 at 5:23 PM
Chris, do you know of a way to store your CodePlex login id in VS or the project? I always end up forgetting it and having to look it up everytime I open the solution...
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2007 at 6:22 PM
No, it annoys the @!#$@# out of me, too.