This project is read-only.

Items missing in 2.5.2 that I currently use 4.0

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Hi, 

I was using branch 4.0 of scintillanet, but decided that since development seems to have picked up again, I would pull back to version 2.5.2, but I found some small differences that were not hard to overcome, but I see two items that are missing, that my application uses.

FileDrop event

ZoomOut method. There is a zoomIn, but no ZoomOut

Do you think you could add these to 2.5?

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Well, 4.0 was originally my branch of 2.0, so if it's in 4.0 it should be in 2.5.2.... (minus my extensions to the auto-complete capability)

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I looked through the 2.5 (release) source code and see that the ZoomOut method is private not public. It should be public just like the ZoomIn method.

I also compared the 4.0 branch against 2.5 (release) and the FileDrop event does not exist in 2.5, only in 4.0 under scintilla.cs.

Can this be updated?

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:10 AM
pjlasl wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I looked through the 2.5 (release) source code and see that the ZoomOut method is private not public. It should be public just like the ZoomIn method.

I also compared the 4.0 branch against 2.5 (release) and the FileDrop event does not exist in 2.5, only in 4.0 under scintilla.cs.

Can this be updated?

pjlasl,

The FileDrop event was a bit broken and did not conform to standard .NET control drag and drop behavior. This was fixed in issue 25148 (http://scintillanet.codeplex.com/workitem/25148). You should now use the standard .NET control properties and events for drag and drop (i.e. the AllowDrop property and the Drag[Drop|Enter|Leave|Over] events).

I'll see about making the ZoomOut method public. That may have just gotten missed in the merge between branches.

Thanks,
Jacob 

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Awesome. I will get the drag and drop working then. Look forward to the Zoom fix.

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:46 AM

I made the necessary change in the 2.5 Release branch for ZoomOut to be public as part of issue #33189. That change alone is not enough to merit a new build so to take advantage of it you'll need to build the source from that branch.

In addition to that change I remembered that I had already done a more extensive overhaul of the zoom-related members but it got left on the defunct 3.0 Development branch. Long-term I would like to merge that change into Trunk and eventually a future release. You can track the progress of that work with issue #33190.

Jacob

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I appreciate your attentiveness to this issue. I also noticed the Triggers are not available also in the same manner as 4.0. Are they built differently?

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:44 PM

You'll have to define "Triggers" for me. I'm not sure what that's referring to.

Jacob