This project is read-only.

VSTO and SciLexer.dll

Topics: User Forum
Dec 17, 2009 at 4:17 AM

Hi, I'm new with this whole ScintillaNet!

I'm writing a program that opens a Scintilla form from an Excel ribbon, using Visual Studio Tools for Office.

The thing is that it works perfectly as long as I use it in the developing machine. But as soon as I install it on another computer, it just won't open. I used Process Monitor and I noticed that it cannot find the SciLexer.dll. I did what others mentioned about adding it to the solution and checked the "Copy to output Directory" but it still does not work. I do not want to install it in the PATH directories because I feel that is perhaps too intrusive for the end user. I tried installing it manually to a PATH directory and it works, but again, I don't want that.

I just want it to work, but I don't know how!

Thanks in advance!

Tango

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM

The SciLexer.dll must be in the DLL search path... not necessary the PATH environmental variable (although that also works). You can learn more about the subject here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7d83bc18%28VS.80%29.aspx.

Have you verified that the SciLexer.dll did in fact get copied to the output directory? If it's in the same folder as the executable application it should work.

Thanks,
Jacob